Don’t Speak of the Resurrection

A missionary was preaching on the resurrection when the native chief cried out, “What are these words about the dead? The dead arise? Will my father arise?” “Yes,” answered the missionary. “Will all that have been killed and eaten by lions, tigers, and crocodiles arise?” “Yes, and come to judgment.” “Hark!” shouted the chief, turning to his warriors. “You wise men, did you ever hear such strange talk?” The chief then turned to the missionary and said, “Sir, I love you much; but the words of resurrection are too great for me. I do not wish to hear about the dead rising again. The dead cannot rise; the dead shall not rise!” “Tell me, my friend, why not?” asked the missionary. “Because I have slain my thousands. Do you think I want them to rise again?” The gospel was all right as long as he did not have to face his sins.

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual Skeleton

Can’t Dispute Facts