Anger Consumes And Destroys

The Arizona Republic (4/25/95) reported that when Steve Tran of Westminster, California, closed the door on 25 activated bug bombs, he thought he had

According to Edward Barnes in Time (3/14/94), a Sarajevo man named Pipo is a Bosnian Serb sniper who has shot down 325 individuals for the sake of revenge.

Before becoming a sniper, Pipo was a partner in a Sarajevo restaurant with a Muslim man. The two were friends as well as partners--until Pipo's mother was jailed and beaten by Muslims. Pipo recalls, "When she got out, she wouldn't talk about it. That's when I picked up a gun and began shooting Muslims. I hate them all."

Killing for revenge has changed Pipo. "All I know how to do is kill," he says. "I am not sure I am normal anymore. I can talk to people, but if someone pushes me, I will kill them.... In the beginning I was able to put my fear aside, and it was good. Then with the killings I was able to put my emotions aside, and it was good. But now they are gone."

After shooting 325 people, Pipo has no more fear, no remorse, no feelings at all. He states plainly, "I have no feelings for what I do. I went to see my mother in Belgrade, and she hugged me, and I felt nothing.

"I have no life anymore. I go from day to day, but nothing means anything. I don't want a wife and children. I don't want to think."

Vengeance consumes and destroys us.

Popular posts from this blog

The Son And The Drawbridge

The Spiritual Skeleton