Spreading The Gospel

We're not quite sure who it was, but someone spent a significant chunk to promote messages from God. On behalf of an anonymous client, The Smith Agency in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, launched the advertising campaign in September 1998.

"This individual simply appeared in our office one day last spring and hired us on the spot," said Andrew Smith, the agency's president. "However, our agreement prohibits us from releasing his name. I will say he is quite well known."

More than a dozen different messages, all signed by God, appeared on area billboards and buses. Among the messages:

Let's Meet at My House Sunday Before the Game.--God

C'mon Over and Bring the Kids.--God

What Part of "Thou Shalt Not ..." Didn't You Understand?--God

We Need to Talk.--God

Keep Using My Name in Vain And I'll Make Rush Hour Longer.--God

Loved the Wedding, Invite Me to the Marriage.--God

That "Love Thy Neighbor" Thing, I Meant It.--God

I Love You ... I Love You ... I Love You.--God

Will The Road You're on Get You to My Place?--God

Follow Me.--God

My Way Is the Highway.--God

Need Directions?--God

You Think It's Hot Here?--God

Tell the Kids I Love Them.--God

Have You Read My #1 Best Seller? There Will Be a Test.--God

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual Skeleton

Can’t Dispute Facts