He Understands

“How do you know that Christ is risen?” Someone asked an old fisherman whose faith in Jesus seemed very simple and sure. “Do you see those cottages near that high cliff?” he replied, pointing to the shore. “Well, sometimes, when I am far out at sea, I know that the sun is risen by the reflection in those windows. How do I know that Christ is risen? Because I see His light reflected from the faces of some of my fellows every day, and because the light of His glory shines into my own life. And I hope that I am reflecting that light to others.” That is the way it was with the disciples on the day of Pentecost. They were reflecting the light of the risen Christ, and so the people were filled with amazement. Only as we reflect a risen Christ in our lives will the world know that He is risen indeed.

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual Skeleton

Can’t Dispute Facts