The Comfort of Christ

“Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matt. 11:28)
The story is told of a little Welsh girl who lay dying of a dread disease. The doctor had told the mother she could not live throughout the night. Whereupon the mother sought to console the little girl with thoughts of heaven.
“Darling, you know you will soon hear the music of heaven?” she said. “You will hear a sweeter song than you have ever heard on earth. You will hear them sing the song of Moses and the Lamb. You are so fond of music; won’t it be sweet, dear?
The tired little girl turned her head slowly, and said, “Oh, Mother, I am so sick, I think it would make me feel terrible to listen to such music.” “Well,” continued her mother, “you will soon see Jesus, and the streets all paved with gold. Why, think of it, you will see all the beautiful angels!” And again the sick little child turned to her mother mournfully, “Oh, Mother, I am too sick to even think of such things.”
Then desperately the mother offered still one more suggestion. “Darling, come let me hold you quietly in my arms!” “Oh, Mama, that is what I want! If Jesus will only take me in His arms and let me rest!”
Dear friend, where will you find a better picture of the invitation of Christ to yourself? He said, “Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual Skeleton

Can’t Dispute Facts