Blotting Out Sins

Thank God! He not only separates our sins from us, but He blots them out of His book of remembrance, and remembers them against us no more forever.” I never knew the real significance of those words, “I will blot them out of the book of remembrance forever,” until I was preaching for Brother James Morris, at the Fifth and Walnut Streets Methodist Church, Louisville, Kentucky. After my sermon, Brother Morris got up and told of the sins of his early years, how he had been a gambler, a drunkard and a sinner in the sight of God. While he was talking, I looked over at his old mother. She was twisting and turning, and it seemed to me that she could not control herself. She seemed to go to pieces like a jointed snake. When he sat down and the service was dismissed, she ran up, threw her arms around his neck and said, “Jimmie, what made you say that? What made you say you were a gambler and a drunkard? You know you have always been good.” That precious old mother had forgotten that her boy had ever been a sinner; and I said, “Glory to God! Though sunk in the depths of sin, God not only forgives us, but blots our sins out of the book of remembrances forevermore,” And now I shall live in glory forever, as if I had never sinned.

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual Skeleton

Can’t Dispute Facts