Heart-Breaking Justice

Two sons of an officer of the Atlanta police force were convicted of burglary on their father’s evidence and sentenced to two years in the penitentiary. The two boys were arrested by their father in the act of burglarizing a store, and he appeared in court as prosecutor.

The father, in giving evidence, said: “I tried to raise my boys right, and it nearly killed me when I found them trying to rob the store, but I feel it my duty under my oath as an officer to arrest them and prosecute. I told them they were guilty and they must take their punishment.”

“There is indeed a real man,” said the Judge when the father had finished speaking, “and an officer who has the highest possible regard for his oath. He deserves to rank with the old Roman judge who condemned his own son.”

Our heavenly Father is not only compassionate, but just. Love must yield where disobedience calls for justice.

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual Skeleton

Can’t Dispute Facts