A Life Long Learner

In Teaching to Change Lives, Howard Hendricks tells about an 83-year-old Michigan woman he met at a Sunday school convention in Chicago.
“In a church with a Sunday school of only 65 people, she taught a class of 13 junior high boys. She had traveled by bus all the way to Chicago the night before the convention. Why? In her words, ‘to learn something that would make me a better teacher.’
“I thought at the time, most people who had a class of 13 junior high boys in a Sunday school of only 65 would be breaking their arms to pat themselves on the back: ‘Who, me? Go to a Sunday school convention? I could teach it myself!’ But not this woman.
“Eighty-four boys who sat under her teaching are now in full-time vocational ministry. Twenty-two are graduates of the seminary where I teach.”
Discipleship Journal

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual Skeleton

Can’t Dispute Facts