Love Melts Icebergs

A prisoner who found Christ and salvation through the kind and loving ministrations of Mrs. Ballington Booth says: “Love melts icebergs. I do not suppose any prisoner in the United States ever heard a public speaker say, ‘I love you all,’ till the sweet words came like a fragrant dew upon a dry and parched earth from her overflowing heart. Of course it worked like magic. The frozen ground began to thaw, icy streams melted into liquid rivulets; new purposes arose in my heart as the sap mounts up a grapevine in the spring when baptized in warm sunshine.” Love is the secret of Christ’s growing grip upon this world; it is the lifting power of which he spoke in his daring prophecy: “And I, if I be lifted up … will draw all men unto me” (John 12:32).

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual Skeleton

Can’t Dispute Facts