The Cleansing Blood of Christ

A woman came to a minister one day carrying a container of wet sand. “Do you see what this is, sir?” she asked. “Yes,” was the reply, “it is wet sand.” “But do you know what it means?” “I do not know exactly what you mean by it, woman; what is it?” “Well, sir,” she said, “that’s me; and the multitude of the sins that constantly dirty my heart cannot be numbered.” Then she exclaimed, “Oh, wretched creature that I am! How can such a wretch as I ever be saved and keep clean from the influences of the world?” “Where did you get the sand?” asked the minister. “At the beach.” “Go back, then, to the beach. Take a spade with you; dig, dig, and raise a great mound; shovel it up as high as you can, then leave it there. Take your stand by the seashore, and watch the effect of the waves upon the heap of the sand.” “Sir,” she exclaimed, “I see what you mean—the blood, the blood, the blood of Christ, it would wash it all away and would keep washing any new dark stains away.”

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual Skeleton

Can’t Dispute Facts