Help for the Bankrupt!

“Deposit this in my name” means “deposit it in my account.” Or “draw this in my name” means “draw this from my account.” Isn’t that what would happen if I were to write out a check for you? You would take it and present it to the bank. You would cash it. But the money would come out of my account because my name was signed on the check. You would have to believe that I had money in the bank and the money could become yours; otherwise you would never have presented the check to be cashed. Thus, through faith in my name, you would have made my account yours in the amount that I had made available to you.
That’s exactly the transaction that takes place between God and man. He has the resources which we need. He is Life and Light. Especially do we need these, in a spiritual sense, for our spiritual existence. They are made available to us in the measure that we need them, because we ourselves are bankrupt. Our name isn’t worth anything at the source of Life and Light, but the Lord Jesus Christ has available what we need.

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual Skeleton

Can’t Dispute Facts