Jesus Christ Is God

“I know men,” said Napoleon in exile on the island of St. Helena to Count Montholon, “I know men, and I tell you that Jesus was not a man! The religion of Christ is a mystery, which subsists by its own force, and proceeds from a mind which is not a human mind. We find in it a marked individuality which originated a train of words and actions unknown before. Jesus is not a philosopher, for His proofs are miracles, and from the first His disciples adored Him. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires but on what foundation did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded an empire upon love, and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. I die before my time, and my body will be given back to the earth, to become food for worms. Such is the fate of him who has been called the great Napoleon. What an abyss between my deep misery and the eternal kingdom of Christ, which is proclaimed, loved, and adored, and is extending over the whole earth!” And turning to General Bertrand, the Emperor added, “If you do not perceive that Jesus Christ was God, I did wrong to appoint you general!”

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual Skeleton

Can’t Dispute Facts