Church Attendance

A Christian once said to his minister, “I can worship God and enter into the Holy of Holies just as easily in my garden as I can in a church pew.” Later on the two men were sitting before a fireplace in which the embers glowed cheerily. Silently the minister went to the fireplace, took the tongs, and lifted a single glowing coal from the fire and placed it alone on the hearth. Soon it became black ash. The church-neglecting Christian said, “Ah, you need not say a word. I understand what you mean. I cannot worship alone any more than I can live alone. I’ll be in my place at the church next Sunday.” The environment of the church is basic to Christian growth, providing it’s the right kind of church. Ask yourself two questions before joining: Is Christ preeminent there? Is the Holy Spirit at work?

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual Skeleton

Can’t Dispute Facts