Courageous Christian

Chrysostom, the ancient Church Father, was a beautiful example of true Christian courage. When he stood before the Roman Emperor, he was threatened with banishment if he still remained a Christian. Chrysostom replied, “You cannot, for the world is my Father’s house; you cannot banish me.”
“But I will slay you,” said the Emperor.
“No, but you cannot,” said the noble champion of the faith again, “for my life is hid with Christ in God.”
“I will take away thy treasures.”
“No, but you cannot,” was the retort; “in the first place, I have nothing you know anything about. My treasure is in heaven, and my heart is there.”
“But I will drive you away from man, and you shall have no friend left.”
“No, and that you cannot,” once more said the faithful witness, “for I have a Friend in heaven from whom you shall not separate me. I defy you; there is nothing you can do to hurt me.”

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual Skeleton

Can’t Dispute Facts