Every Member Valuable

The eye is placed in the upper area of the head, so that by virtue of its position it’s easy for it to entertain a high opinion of itself. The human hand drops down at the side of the body, so that it’s natural for the eye to look down upon it in both a literal and figurative sense. But the hand knows how to speak up and defend its usefulness. Suddenly a fly alights on the eye. Instantly and instinctively the hand elevates itself and brushes the fly away, saying, “Who said, Eye, that you don’t need me?” The hand goes on to plow the ground, sow the seed, and reap the harvest. It mills the wheat into flour and kneads the dough to make bread. Then it turns to the eye and says, “You, Eye, would have died long ago if it hadn’t been for my labor for you. Without the food I’ve earned, you’d have become sightless and starved to death. You can’t do without me any more than I can do without you.” Paul rightly says, “The eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee” (1 Cor. 12:21).

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual Skeleton

Can’t Dispute Facts