Workers—Unknown

A commercial traveler, named Rigby, was compelled to spend a weekend every quarter in Edinburgh. He always worshiped in Dr. Alexander Whyte’s church and always tried to persuade some other visitor to accompany him. On one occasion, having taken a Roman Catholic traveler there who thereby accepted Christ, he called on Dr. Whyte to tell him of the conversion. The doctor then asked his name, and on being told that it was Rigby, he exclaimed: “Why, you are the man I’ve been looking for for years!” He then went to his study and returned with a bundle of letters from which he read such extracts as these: “I was spending a weekend in Edinburgh some weeks ago, and a fellow commercial traveler named Rigby invited me to accompany him to St. George’s. The message of that service changed my life.” “I am a young man, and the other day I came to hear you preach at the invitation of a man called Rigby, and in that service I decided to dedicate my life to Christ.” Dr. Whyte went on to say that twelve of the letters were from young men, of whom four had since entered the ministry.

Popular posts from this blog

The Son And The Drawbridge

What Kind of People Are in Your Town?